Like last year I gathered with a group of readers of Sartorial Notes. This time around we upgraded the event, and we went to Restaurant Palægade in the old part of Copenhagen. Kenneth, a reader, who imports the best American wine for fine restaurants in Copenhagen, including Geranium and Kong Hans, arranged the menu with Restaurant Palægade.
The Scandalous Butler
I had forwarded a dresscode stating “lounge suit” that most attendees choose to follow apart from Butler, who arrived in t-shirt and worn-out jeans. I know Butler a bit, he is player, so I expected it was a practical joke of his. Yet, he insisted that his ugly jeans were proper, and I had to deny him access until his was dressed in a lounge suit. After a while he gave up, and we could all sit down to a superb dinner.
Sartorial Notes snapshots from the sartorial event
The wine we had
- 1990 Tirage late disgorged sparkling
- 2014 Eyrie Vineyards Original vines Pinot Gris
- 2014 J. Rochioli Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- 2013 Paul Lato ”California” Pinot Noir
- 2013 O’Shaughnessy Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2005 Williams Selyem Late Harvest Gewurztraminer
Photography: Sartorial Notes